Seattle Employment Law Firm Provides Reliable Advice and Resolves Complex Disputes
Quality representation for businesses and executive employees
At Smyth & Mason, PLLC, we understand that the relationship between a company and an employee is unique and personal. A company has its business objectives and creates a corporate culture to foster success. An employee has career goals, salary requirements and lifestyle choices. To make the two sides mesh and continue to operate harmoniously is not always an easy task, and often requires experienced and knowledgeable legal counsel. Since 1999, our attorneys have represented businesses and high-level corporate executives, covering every aspect of the employment relationship. As a small firm, we are able to focus personal attention on these issues and bring them to a successful resolution.
Personal attention for your employment law issues
Our employment practice provides advice to businesses and senior management employees and represents either side in employment litigation. The areas we manage include:
- Discrimination — We handle cases involving allegations of adverse employment actions based on gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy and disability.
- Whistleblower retaliation — Our attorneys represent clients in cases involving allegations of adverse employment actions in violation of state and federal whistleblower protections.
- Wrongful termination — We have successfully asserted multiple wrongful termination claims on behalf of highly compensated executives, either for breach of employment contract or the violation of state or federal employment law.
- Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements — We negotiate, draft and review agreements and litigate disputes arising from alleged breaches.
- Compliance —We advise companies on protocols necessary to stay in compliance with current state and federal employment regulations.
- Executive compensation — We frequently advise high level corporate executives such as CEOs, COOs, CFOs, corporate counsel and vice presidents on all aspects of their contractual negotiations, both at the beginning and end of a particular employment relationship. These negotiations include all aspects of executive pay including salary and commission, restricted stock grants, stock options and severance pay. These include contract issues, such as good cause dismissal and good reason departure, change in control protections and reputation issues, including the managing of business media announcements and non-disparagement. Our work includes interaction with board representatives, senior management and venture capital partners. In this field, we often work with skilled compensation, tax and outplacement consultants to further ensure the executive is well positioned at each stage of his or her relationship.
- Internal investigations — When allegations of workplace misconduct or contractual violations arise, we conduct investigations on behalf of companies to gather the evidence necessary to remediate and resolve the issue.
- Wage/hour disputes — We work to resolve conflicts over allegations of nonpayment.
Our clients include companies and executives in all types of industries, from Fortune 500 technology, biotech and communications companies to international banks, regional healthcare institutions, insurance companies, retail and wholesale food services companies, Internet commerce companies and start-ups. We provide responsive, personalized service that helps our clients meet their goals for resolving employment issues.
Let a preeminent Seattle litigation law firm manage your employment law disputes
Smyth & Mason, PLLC provides high-quality employment law services to businesses and top-flight executives in Seattle and throughout the world. Learn how our dedicated team can craft a winning strategy to help you achieve your goals. To schedule a consultation, call 206-621-7100 or contact our office online.